Friday, May 2, 2008

Race Day




Well last Saturday was the big race... the Awana Grand Prix or for those of you scouts out there... the Pine Wood Derby but with girls. This is the time that dad's get to re-live their childhood dreams of model cars made with big boy tools and hope their car is the fastest... Well the cars sure looked cool, but I can not say they were the fastest ones on the track.... sorry hun. Luckily the girls didn't really care. They did paint their own cars which was the highlight of the process. Ava's was a pink sparkly bug and Hannah's was a royal blue race car that she said was slow because of the spoiler on the back. We had a great time at the race visiting with friends and cheering on the winners. We are both happy and sad that another year of Awana has come and gone. Hannah just finished up her 3rd year (first as a Spark) and has memorized something like 300 Bible verses. What a great program. Ava finished her first year Cubby book and will move on to book two next year.

1 comment:

ArmyforChrist said...

Yay! I loved the Awana Grand Prix! I think I still have the car we made! I can't wait til our kids are old enough to get involved in Awana. I know I learned and grew a lot from it!~Rachel