Last night as Aaron and I did our nightly routine of checking on all of our 4 sleeping babies we started to reminisce... As we were leaving the Awana awards ceremony Wednesday night a couple of Hannah's leaders approached us to tell us that they will miss Hannah and her sweet little prayers. They said that as leaders they were often moved to tears by the things that she would say (and for those of you who have never heard Hannah's prayers, they are incredible!) she has such a love for God and her prayers truly come from her heart. But as Aaron and I were talking about this we remembered back to her standard prayer around Thanksgiving and wondered what her teachers must have thought as she was saying them. We thought it was so cute and funny for a while, but after a couple weeks had to correct her. Anyway the prayer it would go a little something like this....
Dear God,
I love you. I love my family. And the THING you have done for us is the THING you have done for everyone. And the THING that you have done for everyone is the THING you have done for me. Thank you for doing this THING for me. Amen
Everytime after she would pray we would ask her "what is the THING that he did for us?" She would always give the correct answer... "sent his son Jesus Christ to die for me" we would encourage her and expand on her answer but we would also try to tell her that she needs to thank God specifically for giving us his son... anyway you get the point, it was so cute but I am sure that those are not the prayers that moved her leaders to tears of Joy. (maybe tears of laughter like it did Aaron and I)
Many of you have heard the "sweet little prayer" that Hannah said at Awana parents night when she was 3... It went a little something like this...
Dear God,
Please help me obey so my mommy doesnt spank me. I don't like to get spanked so please help my mommy not to spank me anymore... Amen
Boy was that a little embarrassing! Hannah does have a way of expressing herself through prayer.
Celebrating 25 years
1 year ago




2 comments:
That is so cute! Those kind of memories will always bring smiles and laughs to your family :)
I am so glad to see your blog! You truly have the sweetest kids. I just adore them and will miss having them so close. What sweet prayers Hannah has. You have done so good teaching them, they are the best behaved girls I know! I hope we can still get together and have the kids play after we move so far!! The twins are growing so fast, they are so dang cute!!
Post a Comment