A couple weekends back a couple friends and I decided that with garage sale season here we should head out and look for some good deals... Well we definitely found some! With gas prices so high we decide that we should just take a little car so my friend Angela came and picked Stephanie and I up at 6:30am in her little Honda Civic we did not really plan on buying anything big, but then again we never do... Well we hit some great deals and were determined to pack and repack until we made things fit. We ended up with 3 kids bikes, two plastic baby gates, diapers, a bike trailer, a scooter, among many other big items Needless to say the car was packed to the hilt!! At one sale the guy tied the trunk shut with string and then sent the string with us in case we made anymore big purchases. When we were leaving one subdivision we saw a push mower up against a light pole that had a free sign on it... how can you pass up free? The funny thing is that recently Aaron has really wanted one of these. He has researched them and has been pleading his case. One of the main reasons he wanted one is so he could mow the lawn at 6am (yea right!!) without waking the neighbors and still have his Saturday free to spend with the family. The crazy thing is that A. our lawn mower works just fine. and B. one of these push mowers new is upwards $200 (remember folks... it does not have a motor!!) I told Steph and Ang that I had to get it... we had to find a way to get it into our already maxed out space... and with determined friends at my side... we did it... I held the mower part on my lap and we stuck the handle out the window (can you say Beverly hill billies?). When we got close to home I called Aaron so he could come out and take a picture of his new present. You would have thought he won the lottery he was so excited. He helped me unload what was mine (among my purchases was a $400 trek bike trailer/ stroller for $25) and immediately started mowing. I told my friends that they would probably see the mower at our church rummage sale in a couple weeks, but for once (the first time in 9 years of marriage) my dear husband was right... It is GREAT!! It mows the lawn well, you can mow in your bare feet (at 6am if you prefer although that has not been done yet) and it is so easy to push. So we are now on the look out for more motor less push mowers (preferably free) for envious neighbors.
Celebrating 25 years
1 year ago




2 comments:
Hilarious!!
GO yardsellers!!!! Julie that is hilarious. I love those pictures.
Post a Comment