Friday, February 27, 2009

Surfin' USA

 
 
 
Right next to our neighbors house we have a drainage pond (or the "watering hole" as the girls call it). Since we don't get a whole lot of rain in Boise, it is always dry. The girls spend hours digging in the dirt, finding pretty rocks, etc. Last week we had a couple days with temps in the 50's so they spent a lot of time at the "watering hole". At one point the came back and asked for their sleds and when I went down a few minutes later to check on them this is what they had come up with... Surfing!!! Luckily they had their helmets on because they were also riding bikes. I was quite impressed with Hannah's form, she looks ready to hit the water. Cousin Audrey was mostly observing but I am sure she will jump on and give it a try any day.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

bozovichfamily said...

Yep, that's what a vacay in SD can do to you :OP Pretty cool that they came up with it themselves!

Five Bees in the Triangle said...

Very creative! I'm so proud of you for your San Diego adventures. We couldn't handle anything beyond Legoland and a little bit of time at the beach. We went President's day weekend, Saturday through Wednesday. So, I guess our paths didn't really cross. But close! Great minds think alike. We had so much fun, can't wait to go back.

Shane and Jill said...

LOL...I wish we even had a hill that big for the girls to sled/surf on! All flat cornfields here.....I can't wait to head back west where there is actually some scenery.