On February 6 we set out for a family adventure to take in as many sites as San Diego has to offer in 7 days. Well, despite the cold weather, I think we succeeded! The weather was about 55 and raining all but three days of our trip. On the three days (Tues, Wed, Thurs) that were 60 partly cloudy we crammed in the Sea World, San Diego Zoo, and Legoland. On the other days we visited museums, the beach, etc.
Flying with 6 of us was a site to see, we turned many heads in the airports. I think the craziest part is the fact that we had to not only bring enough clothes, diapers, etc. for 7 days, but we also had to lug in 4 carseats and a double stroller... There are a few funny stories about going through security with all of us. The amount of baskets we took up was unreal... shoes, jackets, purse, laptop, belts, diaper bag, stroller, etc. and poor Aaron got stuck with all the kids (remember the babies are not standing or walking yet) on the other side while I had to go back through because my belt made the metal detector beep. (I did not realize I could just throw it on the conveyor and cut in line, so I went to the back of the line). Aaron had to field baskets full of misc. junk as well as hold both babies and try to unfold the stroller. SUPER DAD!! This was at LAX it was busy and people are in the mode of moving fast, not a whole lot of helping hands.
Because it looks like we have two sets of twins and since the Octomom being on fresh on everyone's mind in CA we were asked many times if we were going for 8 next time... Most people who made comments like that were joking... we think, but still is it any of their business how many kids we decide to have? (for the record... we are sticking to 4)





1 comment:
I love the picture with all your stuff at the airport. I do not know how Aaron did it when you had to go in line again. I would have started crying!! He is super dad! Go Aaron!!!
Post a Comment