Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April Fools!!

Well as this April Fool's day draws to an end I reflect on the many, many, many jokes I heard today. At the age of 5 1/2 and 4 I felt the girls were old enough to understand what April Fool's was all about, so this morning I first told them a joke and added an April Fool's on the end. Well I guess you could say that they got it... sort of! I heard everything from "there is an elephant sitting on your head" to a "there are no cars left in the world." The best part of April Fools day is that they understood that what they were telling us were jokes, but they did not get it when we would tell them a joke. They would say "tell us another April Fools" it did not matter what we would say... they would believe us and would inevitably have a sad face and a sigh depending on what we told them, even though they just told us to tell them a joke! Needless to say, Aaron and I had a little fun with this assuming that they would eventually catch on... they never did. Now I am sure that April Fool's will live on in our house for many weeks to come and of course we are looking forward to the many, many SILLY jokes to come!

1 comment:

Pastor Bill said...

Drink in and savor every minute with those precious children...older people aren't kidding when they say they grow up quick!

We love you guys!

Bill & Molly <><