Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Week in Review

This is how Will and Elle pacify themselves... she sucks on his head and he sucks on her hand, or vice versa.
Hannah finished two Dick and Jane books... she is a reading machine.
Elle (on the right) with her new best friend Mylee. Oh many years of memories to come.

Yay, the day finally came to get new bikes!!



Well we had an eventful week as usual! William got his first cold (poor little guy). It is always so sad to have a goopy nosed little baby. They are so helpless and they really HATE the what we like to call the the brain sucker... AKA the infamous blue bulb syringe. Thankfully by Monday morning he had pretty much defeated the battle and yes, we survived. I feel lucky to have made it almost a full 3 months before our first round of sickness. While both Ava and I also battled the cold we are happy to report that Aaron, Hannah and Elle all avoided the plague.

Hannah has been a reading machine! She has finished her first two Dick and Jane books. They are both about 150 pages long. The second book she finished in two hours. She came down in the morning, ate her breakfast and did not get up from the table until she finished her whole book. Now I can not get her nose out of a book. I am not sure what her teacher will do with her next year when she heads to Kindergarten. We will have to continue to make trips to the library and challenge her at home.


Elle met her new best friend. Our friends Kevin and Kara had their first baby, a little girl, Mylee on March 18 so they are two months and a week apart. We are so excited for the girls to grow up together. We love to spend time with Kevin and Kara especially if it involves a tent and some dirt and foil dinners.

Last but not least, the girls both got new bikes yesterday!! They had saved a total of $35 together and we found two bikes on craigslist for $50 total. With a little bargaining from dad we talked the down to $40 (so mom and dad pitched in $5) and they were off to pick up their new bikes. Unfortunately one is much bigger than we thought so they will have to share the middle sized one for a while.

4 comments:

Five Bees in the Triangle said...

I can't get over the noggin-sucking! That is hysterical! What a good little reader you have there.

Brian or Julie said...

I just think it is so fun to see how friends are doing through the hole blog thing. Your kids are so cute.

Kara said...

You are so sweet. The picture of Mylee and Elle is so adorable. We hope to go on many campouts with your family this summer. I can't wait!!!

Shane and Jill said...

Hey Julie! I am so glad I found you blogging! I kept checking back on myspace to see some updated pics, but I see that you are probably more active here than there, lol. Anyways, I just love, love, LOVE the way that the babies suck on eachother! That has to be one of the most precious things I have ever seen. You have such a beautiful family! Take care and feel free to visit our blog anytime!