Last year I begged to get a dog. I did research on breeds and watched craigslist for an older Cocker Spaniel to come available. Well in Mid January we made the drive out to Caldwell to "look" at a dog and came home with a VERY lovable "Moosey". He was almost 3 years old, already potty trained and good with kids...sounds like a great deal...right?? Well after having him for over a year we have lived through and learned to deal with his MANY neurotic tendencies. Don't get me wrong, we love him but that is after a $150 underground fence, a few $40 bottles of Natures Miracle (the only way to get dog urine out of carpets), $120 for neutering and shots, a couple sets of blinds that we have yet to replace, not to mention food, kennel, dog bed, the list could go on and on. But he is now part of our family and we would do almost anything for him (well almost). Another of Moosey's neurotic tendencies is his love (or lack there of) of motorcycles and bicycles that combined with the fact that when he gets out the front door he does not come back in unless you spend an hour throwing the tennis ball for him... not a good combination. On monday after he escaped out the front door (I left him out refusing to chase after him) he came shoulder to tire with a motorcycle. As our neighbor stated Moose ran right into his back tire... Um yeah, not the sharpest tool in the shed... Well we decided that we would watch Moose for a few days to determine whether or not we should take him to the vet and spend more of our hard earned $ on a dog (yes, he is a dog). Thankfully he seems to be healing quite well. For any of you who know Moose you know that he would not let some cracked ribs or separated shoulder hold him back from being right under foot at all times.
Celebrating 25 years
1 year ago




1 comment:
I can totally relate to the dog issues. We have 2 puppies right now, and I think I have shampooed all the carpets in my house 3x in about 2 months. It nonetheless is frustrating and at times I feel like finding new homes for both of them, but like you said...they are family now, so all you can do is love them through all of their neurotic/puppy tendencies!
Post a Comment