Thursday, January 1, 2009

The girls gifts to each other

 
 
 
 
This year we decided that the girls should pick a project that they could design and help make for each other. Ava wanted to make Hannah a blanket with fluffy's (aka. yarn tied in a knot), and Hannah wanted to make Ava a pillow case with a flower. On different occasions I took the girls to pick out the fabric for their project. It was intresting that with TONS of fabric to choose from they picked out almost identical material. I had so much fun spending time with each of them indavidually making these gifts. They designed the projects, helped to cut them out, and told me where to sew. I also let them sit on my lap and sew a bit themselves. They were so proud of what they had made for eachother and could not wait for the other to open it up.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Shane and Jill said...

You are such a great mom...what an excellent idea!