Thursday, August 27, 2009

2nd Annual Family Camp at Redfish lake














We enjoyed a fantastic weekend at Redfish lake with 7 other family's for our 2nd annual family camp! It was a cold rainy weekend but it did not slow the kids down, they spent the weekend biking, playing, gathering firewood, and just enjoying time together. The adults also had a great time. The guys went out skiing and surfing(despite the frigid temperatures) and the ladies pretty much got enough "chit chatting" in to last until next year :) On Saturday afternoon some of the guys went out dirt biking while 4 of us moms and 3 of the non-dirtbiking dad's went out on the boats. The 4 mom's took 16 kids on one boat so the guys could surf on the other. I can not believe that we were able to gather 16 life jackets to outfit all the little ones. The oldest kid on the boat was 8!!! We must be brave mommy's :)_




Here are some pictures of the kids riding bikes, gathering firewood in the rain (and enjoying every minute), Mike snuggling Will (the babies did not sleep well while camping so they would take anyone up on the opportunity to snuggle), Aubrey and Hannah playing on the giant teeter totter, and Will and Elle hanging out on the log imitating the big kids.






We had a dutch oven potluck on Friday night. There was WAY TOO much good food. We saved the Miller's yummy dutch oven potatoes for breakfast on Saturday!

1 comment:

Unguren said...

You have such a cute family. And a little girl named Hannah. Even though I am sure she was not named after me I am going to pretend that she was....

I am so happy that you have a blog that I can follow.