Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Camping "Texas Style".... ummm... No thanks.

As we were pulling into South Beach Campground in Newport, OR, we were very surprised at the "campers" pulling in ahead of us. Of course we needed to take a picture so we could write a blog about the people who camped in their stretch limo. As I was taking a picture the passenger climbed out, I was expecting sophisticated, well dressed with all brand new camping clothes from REI and instead got a flash back to 1985. Mr. Mullet Man with his Bermudas (not new style) and his camo jacket climbed out of his limo and when I questioned if they were "camping" in the limo he proceeded to tell me that this is how they camp in Texas (glad we are not from Texas). The story goes on... First thing the next morning as Aaron was walking to the bathroom and as he passed Mr. Mullet Man and his shiny new limo he noticed a rather large lump on the picnic table that greatly resembled a person under a blanket... hmmm? On his way back he passed Mr. Mullet Man who was on his way to the bathroom and oddly enough the lump on the picnic table was gone.





Which style would you choose?

1 comment:

ArmyforChrist said...

I have to say in all my years living in Texas, I have yet to see anyone camp like that. The only thing I saw that was remotely similar was when we were in Glacier on our honeymoon. How funny!!! It looks like your trip was a blast!