
All the mom's are ready to race!!

Now this is an ice blocking hill!!

Go Ava

Daddy and Ava with Ben Tolman hot on their tails!

Go Hannah


On Monday night we got together with 4 other families for a fun night of ice blocking on Simplot Hill. We had a GREAT time. Ice blocking is a fun activity for all ages. The kids all the way up to adults loved it. Despite it being 102 degrees outside everyone still joined in the fun. I realized the other day that many people have never been, or don't even know what Ice Blocking is... Well I looked up a definition online for all of you out there who are in the dark. I recommend giving it a try, it is a great family activity!! Amber- Thank you so much for the pictures!!
ice blocking definition:
The sport of using large blocks of ice to reach relatively high speeds down a grassy hill. The only required materials are Blocks of Ice, Towels, and a Grassy Hill. Simply sit on the block of ice (with a towel over it) and slide down the hill allowing minimal friction by using smooth ice and short grass. Let Gravity do its thing. Often times it is called "Reverse Sledding" because of its popularity in areas that do not receive snow. Ice Blocking can be used as a great first date, or hours of endless fun with friends.
ice blocking definition:
The sport of using large blocks of ice to reach relatively high speeds down a grassy hill. The only required materials are Blocks of Ice, Towels, and a Grassy Hill. Simply sit on the block of ice (with a towel over it) and slide down the hill allowing minimal friction by using smooth ice and short grass. Let Gravity do its thing. Often times it is called "Reverse Sledding" because of its popularity in areas that do not receive snow. Ice Blocking can be used as a great first date, or hours of endless fun with friends.




5 comments:
What fun! I have never done it, and it seems like most people do it in the winter, but it sounds more fun in 102 degree weather!
I first learned about this when I came to Texas. It isn't quite the same as sledding, but when you have hills and no snow to enjoy, this is definitely a good replacement!!
Ya that was a BLAST! I have pictures so send to you. Thanks for comming and making great memories!
so much fun! where did you guys get the big blocks of ice?
I love ice blocking. Out here they have no idea of what it is. Plus the best hill ever is Simplot Hill. Miss you guys. Oh could I get your chocolate frosting recipe I have been craving it. Email it to me if you would. julshomer@hotmail.com Love, Julie
Post a Comment